Monday, November 11, 2013

Immeasurably More

"But to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in Christ Jesus and in the church throughout all generations, forever and ever!  Amen."  (Ephesians 3: 20-21).

This has been Josh's Bible verse the last few weeks.  Since we've been practicing it several times a day, you'd think I could apply the lesson to my own life?  Nope.

Was I praying that God would lead us to a bigger, safer home?  Yes.  Did I think it would be answered beyond my expectations?  If I'm being honest, no.  Although I really wanted to live near school, my earthly mind didn't think it was possible and so I dismissed it outright.  My prayers were small and I forgot that the God I was praying them to was big.  Thankfully, He does not give us what we deserve...he desires to give good gifts to His children (Luke 11) and he not only gives us spiritual blessings, but He lavishes us with His grace (Ephesians 1).  

This house is so much more than I could have asked for or imagined.  The move went so much more smoothly than I could have asked for or imagined.  I am humbled before our gracious Heavenly Father and pray that I can be a good steward of all the blessings He has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment